Thursday, January 7, 2010

Colour has run in my wash. Is there anyway to restore my clothes to thier original colour?

Something red or pink ran in my washing yesterday. I have some underwear and a couple of tops that are now pink, they were once white. Is there anyway or getting the red/pink dye out or are they ruined? They all have other colours on them so I assume I can't bleach them.Colour has run in my wash. Is there anyway to restore my clothes to thier original colour?
Everything that is white can be bleached even though there may be some other colors on them as long as you do not use too much bleach. Follow directions on the bleach bottle for the size of the wash load. Use cold water and bleach. Do not put the clothes in the washer until these have mixed so you don't get holes in your clothes. Once the washer has filled to where you need it, let it start to mix the bleach and water together then add the clothes and let them sit for about a half hour then finish running the wash cycle. Hopefully the colors will come out, if not do it again, but do not dry the clothes in the dryer before bleaching them the second time as that will set the color even more. You can also add some white vinegar to the water, about a cup.


Good Luck.Colour has run in my wash. Is there anyway to restore my clothes to thier original colour?
I can't remember the full name, but it is called Oxy something, I hear it works
yes its called Rescue you can get it at any supermarket you can find it on the wash powder section.
You can use bleach if you use a very mild concentration, approx. 1/4 cup per large load.
IF THEY ARE WHITE JUST USE A CUP OF CLOROX IN A FULL TUB WASHER AND LET THE SOAK. THEN WASH WITH TIDE.
they have things in your supermarket called keep it white they get all the crap out of your clothes
You can by stuff from the supermarket, but you have to use it straight away before the clothes dry or it won't work as the colour will have set.
There is also a product called the shout stain catcher, avail. at any store. You can also use it any time you wash to prevent colors from transferring.

No comments:

Post a Comment