Thursday, January 7, 2010

Do you wear your clothes more than once before giving it a wash?

Or do you wear it once then give it a wash?Do you wear your clothes more than once before giving it a wash?
I never wear anything except my pants, coats and bathrobe more than once before washing them.Do you wear your clothes more than once before giving it a wash?
All underwear and shirts are once and washed. Skirts are two or three times since they have less body contact. Jeans and trousers are tricky- depends how hot the weather is I guess ;-)
1] single use only - [ things you sweat on etc. ] some bras, panties, socks, most tops [ inner layers ], hospital uniforms


2] multiple use [ unless soiled obviously ] - some bras, jeans, pants, shorts, skirts, sweaters, hoodies, jackets, robes,


Washing clothes too often will make them wear faster.
I wear clothes untill they are dirty


that might be 1 day or 1 week or 1 month





Using your washing machine to wash clothes (that are essentially still clean) every day when they could easly have been worn again, is a waste of energy that I thought the world is running out of.





I bet if you all had to go down to a stream and rub your clothes up and down a wash board or bang them with a stone You would all want to wear them for a second day. But no lets just throw them in the machine its so easy.


But wait I know some people that don't. they take it all to the dry cleaners instead !!


They thought it was so good that I still bought washables and did it in my own machine !!!





I know you think I must smell, don't I care what others think?


Well no I don't care what you all think, I only care about the people sitting next to me and believe me they can't tell.


So I will continue to save energy where ever I can, that means dirty stuff only on a full load.
depends on the item.





anything that directly touches the skin (underwear, bra, camisole, socks, etc.) is a one-shot deal.





anything else is subject to interpretation. Jeans, I can wear those for up to a week, tee shirts, not so much - at the most, I wear the tee-shirt during the day then sleep in it and change into fresh things in the morning.
well i do it my way....if its jeans i wear it two times and then wash


if its a shirt/skirt/dress pants than i wash it after wearing it once.
I wear my jeans and jean shorts twice before I wash them, but everything else I wash after one time wearing them or else I just feel dirty from wearing them.
I'll wear jeans twice before washing them but otherwise, I only wear things once and then wash them. I don't feel clean if my clothes aren't.
I wear jeans twice. Everything else--just once.
usually i wash my pants and shirt after two times but i wash the shirt right away if it has a stain

No comments:

Post a Comment