Thursday, January 7, 2010

If my mom washed my hunting clothes in normal detergent would i have to wash it in scent killing deteregent.?

or could i just spray my scent killing spray on it.If my mom washed my hunting clothes in normal detergent would i have to wash it in scent killing deteregent.?
NO, just hunt like you know what your doing.... and use the wind like your suppose to... keep it in your face and you do just fine.....If my mom washed my hunting clothes in normal detergent would i have to wash it in scent killing deteregent.?
I have seen so many commercails about different scent killers that i'm tired of seeing them. No, you don't need to do anything specail. Turkey is about the only season that is coming up in most places right now. Scent control is not a major issue with them.





Then after the bird is in the freezer wash your clothes like you would any pair af blue jeans, fold them up, and put them in a suitcase with some cedar or pine needles.This fall you'll be good to go.





Fred Bear, one of the finest hunters in the last 100 years, used to get out of an old pickup, smelling of exuast fumes and gasoline and shot whitetails with a recurve bow, all the time wearing a red flannel shirt.





Your hunting knowledge and being aware of wind/light conditions will take you much farther than anything you can buy in a can.
You can really do what you want, however, you will have more luck just by watching the wind where you hunt. Most of the products on the market today are gimmicks. You can never really be scent free.





I hunt predators almost exclusively. A coyote's nose is much more sensitive than a whitetail deer, and I have never used any cover scent or subscribed to the theory of carbon-infused clothing to help me be successful.





Guys who pioneered the predator calling industry like Murray Burnham and Jim Dougherty were extremely good at what they did 50 years ago before we even heard about scent killers.





Hunt with the sun at your back, the wind either in your face or a cross wind and you will have a good possibility of success. If it makes you feel better to use a spray on scent killer, by all means, do it!





Good Luck!





Tim





PS: Well I guess you can 'spank upwards' all you want, but I would like to see what you base your post on other than what you read. I have spent the last 32 years calling predators, and 20 years of bowhunting whitetail deer in between. I have called coyotes to within 10 feet of me that did not know I was there until I shot them, and deer that have stared me down in a treestand at 10 yards, and went back to eating after I didn't move. I have never washed my clothes in 'hunter formulas' or 'scent killers' but like I said, Whatever floats your boat......
OI!!! Too bad you can't spank upwards, huh?





Yeah, normal detergent have ';whiteners'; these make clothes look whiter and shinier. THE DIRECT OPPOSITE that you want for your hunting clothes. You'll be lit up like the Vegas strip to all those wild critters.





You will need to rewash in a hunting preparation. These not only get rid of the whiteness but also the pretty flowery scent. It's not THAT expensive and can be found at Bass Pro or other hunting enthusiast stores.





I gave you a few links, but these are by far not the only options...
I don't use those scent killing detergents or scent block and I don't use camouflage, but I do bag a deer every year. Now I'm not saying camouflage doesn't work, it does. I'm just to cheap to buy it. Just keep in mind which way the wind is blowing (in your face)





Good luck hunting next season
I'd probably wash them in baking soda and hang them outside for a day or two (not overnight)





What hunting season is going on that you need scent control for?


Obvouisly turkey is very soon - but you don't need to worry about scent.


Same with groundhogs.
No, I don't use that crap. You don't think the deer can't smell the chemicals in it?


Hang your hunting cloths with a few fresh cut pine boughs.
Yes smelling clean can be much worse then being filthy.


Which do you think occurs more in the outdoors? A fruity soapy smell or a musky sweat stench.
Nah, just stuf it in a bag with pine needles for a while.
instead get her to wash it in baking sodaand also brush your teeth in it too
  • credit card offers
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment